As states complete their 2022 Congressional Redistricting based on 2020 Census Data, we are continuously updating the Congressional Districts in the Resonate Ignite Platform to ensure you always have access to the most recent and relevant data on your new constituents and what they care about most. Since our first release of 2022 districts in April, there are now 6 states that have completed redistricting and 1 state that has updated their districts.
With this release we have updated the congressional districts for these 7 states and have also made enhancements to the “View All Insights” link within our curated reports.
We have made the following updates based on the latest redistricting:
- 6 NEW Redistricted 2022 States: There are 6 states that have completed redistricting that will now be added to the Resonate Ignite Platform, including North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Maryland, Ohio, and Missouri. This means you will see new districts for these states labeled as Redistricted 2022, and the old districts will change from Redistricting In Progress to Pre 2022 Redistricting.
- 1 State Updated June 2022: Additionally, New York was already redistricted in 2022 but has since completed a second redistricting. The new district has been added to the platform and includes the month in the label so that you can easily identify the most recent data (Redistricted June 2022). The original 2022 redistricted attributes are now inactivated.
If you have an existing audience or audience delivery using the inactivated New York Redistricted 2022 attributes, you will need to edit your audience definition to replace the old district with the new June 2022 district. You will also receive a notification in the platform reminding you to edit your audience.
There are now 5 labels on Congressional District attributes to clearly identify whether they are are pre or post redistricting, in progress, or not changing.
- Redistricted 2022 – Redistricting is complete, this data represents the 2022 redistricting (ex: CT-1 – Redistricted 2022).
- [NEW] Redistricted [Month] 2022 – If redistricting was completed and was available in the platform, but the state then updated their districts again, you will see the month included in the label. This data represents the most recent 2022 redistricting. (Ex: NY-1 – Redistricted June 2022). As of June 2022, this includes New York.
- Pre 2022 Redistricting – Redistricting is complete, this data represents the district prior to the 2022 redistricting (ex: CT-1 – Pre 2022 Redistricting).
- Redistricting In Progress – Redistricting is not complete, this data represents the district prior to the 2022 redistricting but will be updated accordingly once complete and data becomes available. (ex: FL-1 – Redistricting In Progress). As of June 2022, this includes Louisiana, Florida and New Hampshire.
- No Redistricting Required – Redistricting is not required; these states only have 1 Congressional District so there are no changes (ex: WY-1 – No Redistricting Required). This includes Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Delaware.
Curated Reports Link
Prior to this release, to analyze all insights within a curated report insights group you would select the arrow to open those attributes in a bar chart.
Now, you have the option to select which analysis you’d like to view (Bar Chart, Card View, Table View, or Scatter Plot) so that you can easily transition from a curated report to an analysis and expand on the insights that are unique to your audience.