As states complete their 2022 Congressional Redistricting based on 2020 Census Data, we will be adding updated Congressional Districts to the Resonate Ignite Platform to ensure you always have access to the most recent and relevant data.
You will also continue to have access to the Congressional Districts as they were prior to the 2022 redistricting. This means any existing audiences, analyses, and audience deliveries using these attributes will continue to work as they are today.
This will allow you to continue using the current districts and to also use the new 2022 districts to compare how your audiences may have changed.
New Congressional District Attribute Labels
Not all states have completed their Congressional Redistricting and not all states will have a change, so we are including both the new and old districts prior to 2022 in the platform and have added labels to each attribute so that you can easily identify the data you’d like to use. This ensures you can compare audiences before and after the redistricting. The new labels include:
- Redistricted 2022 – Redistricting is complete, this data represents the 2022 redistricting (ex: CT-1 – Redistricted 2022).
- Pre 2022 Redistricting – Redistricting is complete, this data represents the district prior to the 2022 redistricting (ex: CT-1 – Pre 2022 Redistricting).
- Redistricting In Progress – Redistricting is not complete, this data represents the district prior to the 2022 redistricting but will be updated accordingly once complete and data becomes available. (ex: FL-1 – Redistricting In Progress). As of 3/28/2022, this includes Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio and Maryland.
- No Redistricting Required – Redistricting is not required; these states only have 1 Congressional District so there are no changes (ex: WY-1 – No Redistricting Required). This includes Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Delaware.
States that are gaining new Congressional Districts with the 2022 redistricting will not have an accompanying “Pre 2022 Redistricting” attribute. This includes:
- Colorado 8th - CO-8 - Redistricted 2022
- Florida 28th - FL-28 - Redistricted 2022
- Montana 2nd - MT-2 - Redistricted 2022
- North Carolina 14th - NC-14 - Redistricted 2022
- Oregon 6th - OR-6 - Redistricted 2022
- Texas 37th - TX-37 - Redistricted 2022
- Texas 38th - TX-38 - Redistricted 2022
States that are losing Congressional Districts with the 2022 redistricting will not have an accompanying “Redistricted 2022” attribute. This includes:
- California 53rd - CA-53 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- Illinois 18th - IL-18 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- Michigan 14 - MI-14 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- New York 27th - NY-27 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- Ohio 16th - OH-16 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- Pennsylvania 18th - PA-18 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
- West Virginia 3rd - WV-3 - Pre 2022 Redistricting
Updated Congressional District Taxonomy
Along with the updated Congressional District data, we have also re-organized the Congressional District taxonomy within Geography Data.
Because there can be two versions of each Congressional District, we have grouped districts by State so that you can easily and quickly navigate the taxonomy to find the data you’re looking for.
Resonate Congressional District Data
As a reminder, Resonate's Geography Data is updated nightly based on observed location data and enables you to use State, DMA® and Congressional District level data as both attributes and insights. Use attributes to build and analyze an audience of people located in a specific Congressional District or view as insights against any audience to help determine where you should focus your targeting.
Note that Resonate Congressional District Data is based on the Congressional District lines by State and by ZIP Code. If a ZIP code is mapped to more than one Congressional District, we determine the appropriate Congressional District based on where a higher percentage of the ZIP code falls within a certain district.
*The DMA® information is used pursuant to a license from The Nielsen Company. Any use and/or reproduction of these materials without the express written consent of The Nielsen Company, is strictly prohibited. The DMA® information is valid for the period 2022 - 2023.