After Creating/Copying the Media Tag the next step is to customize your parameters before placing your tag in the appropriate media channel.
Media Tag Example
The Resonate Media Tag example below highlights the custom parameters available for tracking the dynamic values of your media campaigns.
Resonate Media Tag Example Code: (This is an example tag only and must not be used for actual tracking purposes)
Media Tag Parameters
The following describes the parameters you will find on every Resonate Media Tag. Please familiarize yourself with these parameters and especially the notes for each regarding their customizable nature.
- Cachebuster = [cache_buster] (optional)
- Optional parameter provided to make Media Tag event unique
- Prevents browser from using local copy of Resonate pixel
- Dynamic, replace with ad server macro for random number generator
- Sourcekey = (fixed, required)
- Similar to Resonate Event Key or EVKEY
- Unique ID for your Resonate Account and Media Tag
- DO NOT MODIFY
- Event = media (fixed, required)
- Identifies Resonate Tag as a Media Tag type
- DO NOT MODIFY
- PartnerID = [partner_id] (recommended)
- Used for tracking Partner where Media Tag is served
- Dynamically replace with ad server macro for Partner
- Recommend Platform Name or Partner ID
- Example: “Google” or “123-abc-456-efg”
- CampaignID = [campaign_id] (recommended)
- Used for tracking digital advertising Campaign
- Dynamically replace with ad server macro for Campaign
- Recommend Campaign Name or Campaign ID
- Example: “Summer Promotion” or “123-abc-456-efg”
- CreativeID = [creative_id] (recommended)
- Used for tracking Creative in which Media Tag is served
- Dynamically replace with ad server macro for Creative
- Recommend Creative Name or Creative ID
- Example: “Portrait” or “123-abc-456-efg”
As an alternative to using ad server macros, you can send through hard coded text values instead.