Tagging Strategy Recommendations
In order to obtain the most value out of your website tagging strategy with Resonate, your tag strategy should encompass different types of digital content for comprehensive measurement and analysis – enabling you to understand nuances between these different digital touch points.
We recommend tagging various digital properties for a holistic Tag Measurement. We advise placing tags on both your website and paid media channels.
Dynamic Site Tag & Track Method Strategy
In order to obtain the most value out of your website tagging strategy with Resonate, we recommend that you create a Dynamic Site Tag. Placing a Dynamic Site Tag on your website will not only help you gain a good understanding about the people visiting your website, but it will also allow you to sub-segment your site visitors by the content they engage with or the site actions they take. At which point, you will then be able to build audiences in the Resonate Ignite platform based on those site events and learn deeper insights on specific site engagers. Details on how to create this tag will be covered in the Create a Dynamic Site Tag section.
- Capturing the visitation to sections and pages that reflect your site map(Tier1 Navigation, Landing Pages, etc.)
- Capturing other user actions or site events like button clicks, add to cart, purchases, form submissions, etc.
Site Tag Strategy Example
Media Tag Strategy
Tagging your Media Vendors will enable you to measure how effective they are. You will need to determine how many Tags you will need to generate per vendor and ideally per media campaign. This will allow you track how your creative in one campaign(1) is performing compared to your creative in another campaign(2). You can track ad impressions, clicks, and video impressions. You may leverage our Dynamic Media Tag for tracking your Media Vendors. Details on how to create this tag will be covered in the Knowledge Base Media Tag section.
The following chart is a high-level example of where we would recommend placing Media Tags for your companies paid media channels.
How to Leverage Resonate Tags for Insights & Activation
Once the tags are populated in Resonate, you can then use this data to build Audiences in the Resonate platform for Insights and Activation. You will then be able to analyze and answer the following questions:
- “Who are your site visitors?"
- What are the demographics, psychographics, and personal values?
- How can you best engage these visitors?
- Where can you reach these visitors across media channels?
- Are you effectively reaching your target audiences?
- What can you discover about your untapped site visitors to further engage them?
Please sign in to leave a comment.