With Facebook’s removal of third-party data via Partner Categories, marketers are looking for an efficient and cost-effective way to reach their valuable audiences on Facebook. By using Facebook’s Custom Audiences, Resonate customers can activate audiences directly from our platform and into the Facebook ecosystem keyed on mobile advertiser IDs (MAIDs).
Here are some basic instructions for using Facebook’s Custom Audiences feature. We also recommend reviewing the Facebook’s Best Practices Guide for Customer Lists to become familiar with the capability.
Customers should expect to see match rates in Facebook that range from 35-50%.
Please note that you may need to adjust the file size to adhere to Facebook's Custom Audience upload specs,
Facebook Ad Manager Steps
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to the Audiences page from the Ads Manager.
- In the Audiences section, go to Create New and select Custom Audience.
- Choose Customer File.
- Choose the Add Customers from Your Own File option.
- Accept Facebook’s Custom Audiences Terms & Conditions.
Note: Resonate has contractual terms in place to ensure proper compliance and representations of the source and acceptable use of this data and its compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidelines. Resonate Insights are created and curated in-house through proprietary, anonymous and consumer-friendly methods. Our survey respondents are double opt-in participants and are anonymously processed with data consumer behavioral insights partners that are Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participants.
- Click the Upload File Button. Note the Mobile Advertiser IDs option across the top.
- Select the origin for your upload. If you are uploading Resonate’s mobile advertiser IDs, you will select From partners as Resonate is considered a data provider in this scenario.
- Browse your computer for your mobile advertiser ID file and select Next.
- On the Preview screen click the button labeled Do Not Upload and choose the Mobile Advertiser IDs option as seen below.
- Now you can begin uploading the file - click Upload & Create.
- Once uploading, Facebook will convert mobile advertiser IDs to hashed IDs on the fly.
- Wait while the file uploads. Larger audiences can take several minutes to complete. DO NOT CLOSE the browser window until the upload is complete.
- Your audience has been uploaded and you are ready to setup your campaign!
Please note: Resonate provides our customers with the raw data to target on their Facebook campaigns as they see fit with their campaign KPIs. The advertiser must comply with all of Facebook’s Advertising Policies, including the Non-discrimination Policy.