Resonate Recent Events & COVID-19 Data
Consumers are always changing. To keep up with this ever-changing market landscape, we survey 18 times a year, bringing you the freshest data that is the most reflective of consumers' hobbies, daily routines, values & motivations, life stages, decision-making, and more.
Each month, through our Recent Events Flash Studies, Resonate releases Coronavirus and recent events data that provides the freshest, most accurate insights about the who, what, when, where, and why that are driving your consumers as they navigate an ever-changing world.
This recents events and COVID-19 data is also a part of our U.S. Consumer Study (USCS) and is released into the Resonate Elements section of the Resonate Ignite Platform once each USCS survey wave is complete, which is approximately every 8 weeks.
Because of this, you can access Recent Events Data from both the Resonate Elements and the Recent Events Flash Studies section in the Resonate Ignite Platform.
Using Data within Resonate Elements vs. Recent Events Flash Studies
As new Recent Events Flash Waves are released each month, use this data to get the most accurate and up-to-date view of consumers. Using attributes from the Recent Events Flash Studies section allows you to take advantage of the following:
- Build, analyze and activate audiences using the most recent Coronavirus & Recent Events data
- Analyze how your audiences change month to month
To ensure that you are maximizing the use of the most recent and relevant data, we recommend using attributes from Recent Events Flash Studies for short-term audience building, analysis, and activation until a new Recent Events Flash Wave is available.
Approximately 45 days after each U.S. Consumer Study Wave is released into the platform, we inactivate Recent Events Flash Studies that no longer represent the most recent data, making that data available exclusively within Resonate Elements. Using the attributes from Resonate Elements allows you to take advantage of the following additional use cases:
- View Recent Events & Coronavirus attributes as insights against other audiences
- View Recent Events & Coronavirus attributes as insights against your digital footprint
- Measure them through Audience Crosstab
- Include Recent Events & Coronavirus attributes in Data Append
This allows you to continuously use Recent Events Flash Waves as they are released monthly and eliminates any confusion once that data is available within Resonate Elements, making it easier to find and use the associated attribute that has more functionality within Resonate Elements.
What Does This Mean for You?
If you'd like to continue to use saved audiences or audience deliveries that are using inactivated attributes from Recent Events Flash Studies, you will need to update your audiences with their corresponding Resonate Elements attribute for continued analysis or delivery. If you have an audience with these attributes saved, you will receive an email and in-app notification alerting you to update your audiences, along with a list of the suggested replacement attributes. You will also see that the audience requires editing in the platform.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to update your audiences:
- Remove the Recent Events attribute from your audience
2. Find the corresponding insight in Resonate Elements. Access them from Segmentation Center – Resonate Elements. The phrasing of the question should be similar through the transition.
3. Update and save your audience with the new insight and continue analyzing and delivering successfully.