When you are searching in Segmentation Center for exact segments, attributes, tags etc. the item that you are searching for may not always appear as the top result in search.
For example, the item you are searching for may appear as the second result or lower in the search result list. This can happen for a couple of reasons:
1. Search results are based on keyboard match and popularity. Popularity is based on how often the attribute is in a saved audience in your account.
2. Our search works best by matching full words, not partial words. See the example below. Note: This message will appear if you search for an item with no results found to help you improve your search queries.
3. Search is based on the attribute name or surrounding breadcrumb information. For example, if you search 'stream' you will see search results returned for attributes with stream in the attribute name like 'field and stream' as well as with stream in the breadcrumb like 'stream Netflix.'
4. Search results are returned in order based on relevance. We determine relevance based on a few factors including: if the word is in the attribute itself vs. the breadcrumb and the frequency it is used.
5. Search results are grouped based on the attribute group they are in, instead of listing search results one at a time. This is why you see a few attributes under one group together.
6. Search results only return one page of results at a time, in relevancy order. As you scroll down, more search results will appear based on relevancy.
7. As new search results are paginated in based on relevancy, they are placed at the bottom of the page if they belong to a new attribute group. If they belong to an existing attribute group, they will be placed within that existing group instead of at the bottom of the page. You will have to scroll back up to see the rest of the attributes for that group.
For example, when I first search 'stream' this is the results returned for 'Stream Netflix' based on relevancy.
After I scroll down a few pages and more results are populated, when I scroll up I see all attributes for the 'Stream Netflix' attribute group.