Tag Threshold Issue
We have a known bug in our platform that allows you to analyze and export Tag audiences in some cases, but not in others.
Some symptoms of this bug are:
- You’re able to see insights for a Tag audience, but if you export, it’s blank or missing (or only the glossary is exported).
- You’re unable to view insights on a Tag audience after you’ve adjusted the dates in Intelligence Center.
- Analyzing a Tag via one route in the platform will return insights, but not if you take a different path in the platform.
The cause of the bug:
You probably know that our general rule of thumb is that Tags should see about 2,000 uniques before you’re able to analyze them. You may also know that in the platform, there is actually a threshold of a certain number of modeled devices that must be present behind an audience or tag before the platform can return insights.
The known bug is that this threshold number is inconsistent depending on where you in the platform - correct in some places, and incorrect in others.
For example, in the Intelligence center, you can add a Tag (Intelligence Center – Tags) to your analysis with less than the required threshold number, and the platform will return insights when it shouldn’t. Then if you try to adjust the dates of this Tag, or export, you’ll receive an error or an empty export csv.
Another example, in Segmentation Center, if you try to add an audience that contains a Tag to your analysis with less than the required threshold number, and the platform will rightfully prevent you from adding this audience to an analysis.
What to do:
Here’s how to know if you’re encountering this bug in cases when your Tag has seen more than 2,000 uniques.
- You’re able to analyze a Tag via Intelligence Center – Tags, but not via Segmentation Center – Tags.
- You’re able to analyze an audience that contains Tags via Intelligence Center – Audiences, but not via the Your Saved Audiences page.
If you think you’re encountering this bug, you may just need to allow more time to pass and more uniques to hit your Tag before you’re able to view insights.
Our product and engineering team is aware of the issue, and unfortunately it’s not as easy to fix as it may sound. Please reach out to your Resonate Customer Success Manager to let them know you’ve encountered this bug, as it helps us with our prioritization.