On April 12th 2019, we released Geography data - which brings DMA®* and Congressional District data to the Resonate Platform as both attributes and insights. Updated nightly based on location data, this new geography data helps you better understand where your audiences are geographically.
- 179 Nielsen DMAs, including 148 of the top 150 DMAs, will be added to our taxonomy and available to all clients.
- 422 Congressional Districts will be available to our Political & Advocacy clients.
- Both DMA and Congressional District geography data comes from observed deterministic granular geography data that is updated nightly based on last observed location.
- You'll see an addressable number as your audience metrics when working with the new geography data.
- Learn more about the different types of Geography data that you'll now have access to.
You will continue to have region and state attributes that come from our continuous research to use to build and analyze audiences - however region will no longer be returned as an insight. Turns out it wasn't that helpful as an insight to most people, so we are removing it in favor of offering DMA data as insights.
With this change, we'll be updating the Demographics report to show insights on employment status, rather than region.
*The DMA® information is used pursuant to a license from The Nielsen Company. Any use and/or reproduction of these materials without the express written consent of The Nielsen Company, is strictly prohibited. The DMA® information is valid for the period 2019 - 2020.