A Flash Study (formerly known as Flash Surveys) is a custom short survey on any topic you care about that are fielded separately from Resonate's core National Consumer Study research. These quick, customized surveys allow you to drill down into specific matters you want to explore. Because Flash Studies are fielded outside of our the National Consumer Study research schedule, they also give you the ability to focus on and survey a particular audience.
What's the process?
When you purchase a Flash Study, we will work closely with you to formulate the questions and answers for the survey. These questions will help us construct audiences that, when analyzed in the Resonate platform, will answer your questions about your target segments. Data collected from your Flash Study will be tied to our 14K insights and 230M profiles, making it possible for you to enrich your new audiences before activation.
In general, Flash Studies have a quick turnaround rate. You can expect to have your audiences in the Resonate platform 4-6 weeks after survey design sign-off. However, if you have low incidence questions in your survey and/or need to survey a unique audience, we expect to be in field longer to gain enough responses. Low incidence questions may require additional cost.
Before we load your Flash Study data into your Resonate account, we create audiences using responses from your study, and create high-performing look-alike models in order to identify hundreds of thousands to millions of consumers that look like the survey respondents who met the criteria that you've defined for your audiences. These models consider behavior similarity and ensure that audiences are large enough for scale.
What can I do with Flash Study Data?
- Activate these audiences with retargeting
- Flash Study data is available for activation for 6 months
- Your audiences will appear in your Resonate account. You can refine and enrich them using Resonate Elements, tag data, and behavioral attributes. Learn more about combining data types here.
- You can save Flash Study data in an audience you wish to use in Audience Crosstab to measure against other audiences/personas.
What can I not do with Flash Study Data?
- You cannot see Flash Study attributes as insights
- Answers are not available in the platform as attributes
- You cannot combine with 1st-party data
- You cannot combine with limited attributes
- You cannot save Flash Study data in an audience you wish to use in Audience Crosstab to measure against your tagged digital footprint
Example Use Case
Flash Studies can get you the insights you're looking for when you're short-pressed for time and cannot wait until the next Survey Wave of the National Consumer Study is fielded and processed.
Imagine that you're a Marketing Analyst at a for-profit education organization and you want to understand the types of recent graduates who would be interested in taking a part-time accelerated course for professional development. Resonate's Flash Studies can get you the answers by fielding your short survey to people in your target audience (i.e. recent graduates). You will have your audiences ready for analysis in the platform in 4-6 weeks. Using Resonate's 13K insights, you can gain a deep understanding of what people in these audiences are like. And after identifying the right creative, messaging and channels for them, you can take these audiences and engage with them online.
Interested in Flash Studies? Contact your Customer Success Manager to get started.