Below, we are listing rules that you must follow to ensure that the process works and best practices that optimize the outcome of your onboarding efforts.
- The minimum size for your file is 100,000 records.
- If you have a larger file and you are bucketing your records into meaningful segments, each segment must contain at least 100,000 records.
- Follow the Formatting Rules - use this sample spreadsheet.
- LiveRamp can only accept .CSV files
- Avoid special characters and spaces in the file's name
- Avoid special characters and spaces in the segments' names
- Use dashes or underscores to replace spaces
- e.g. LiveRamp_Resonate_NewVoters_02182016.csv
- Column headers must be in the following order in your file - and the headers in bold are required:
- Leave fields blank where you cannot supply information
- Limit the spreadsheet to 100 columns
Note that when using name and postal as an identifier, all required name and postal elements must be included in each record: first name, last name, street address, city, state, and ZIP.
- Mind the Data Quality: The better the data, the better the match rate
- Best results: name & mailing address (both are required), and phone number
- Use Segments to bucket your customers
- e.g. Segments for High Spenders, Medium Spenders, Low Spenders, VIP Customers
- Provide Resonate with a data dictionary that describes each attribute
- This helps Resonate understand what you're onboarding
- We can recommend user-friendly names and suggest changes
- Create user-friendly attribute names for your data