What is Onboarding via LiveRamp?
Onboarding your first-party data to Resonate via LiveRamp can help you gain a deep understanding of people on your CRM list (or any other lists!) by using insights available in the Resonate platform.
Answer questions like, "What media consumption habits do people who don't shop online with me have?" or "What personal values do my loyal customers have, and what are the rest of my shoppers look like, psychologically?" With these insights, you can tweak and further personalize your content and improve your messaging strategy.
How Does It Work?
The overall process is very simple. The steps involved depend on whether you are using Resonate's reseller seat to onboard your data to LiverRamp or your own subscription to the service.
The Process Using Resonate's LiveRamp Seat
- Resonate holds a direct reseller contract with LiveRamp
- Resonate invites you to LiveRamp Connect via email, where you upload your files
- Data upload happens through LiveRamp Connect web portal (optional FTP for larger files only)
- You send Resonate your data dictionary
- Repeat these steps for each file you upload
- When you’re done, let us know and we’ll take it from there – We will publish your file into Resonate
- Only you can access your customer data – no other Resonate clients can see your data – and nobody can you see your PII
The Process Using Your Own LiveRamp Seat
- Using your LiveRamp account, onboard your file through the LiveRamp web portal
- Let Resonate know you want to send your file to Resonate
- Resonate creates a Resonate feed key and shares it with you
- In LiveRamp, select Resonate as your Destination account and paste the feed key into the ”LiveRamp” feed field of the configuration form
- Distribute the matched file you onboarded
- After 7 days of processing time, Resonate publishes the file to your account
Minimum File Size
To ensure that your onboarding project is successful and worth the investment, we require that you onboard at least 100,000 records. Smaller files will not generate insights and your match rate will suffer. Learn more about Match Rates here.
What are the processing times?
The end-to-end process for onboarding your file to Resonate via LiveRamp can take up to 14 days.
- 7 days for LiveRamp to onboard your data
- 7 days for LiveRamp to distribute your data into Resonate
Data Validity Duration
In general, cookies age out after 90 days; consequently, RCIDs begin degrading and become less capable to provide us with valid insights after 90 days. While it's possible that some cookies last longer, Resonate is not responsible for their accuracy beyond 90 days. This is why we recommend onboarding your segments at least quarterly.